By Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman
Named a best 5 publication of 2011 through Physics Today, USA.
The BCS thought of superconductivity constructed in 1957 by means of Bardeen, Cooper and Schrieffer has been remarkably winning in explaining the houses of superconductors. furthermore, suggestions from BCS were included into different fields of physics, from nuclear physics and dense quark topic to the present commonplace version. functional functions contain SQUIDs, magnetic resonance imaging, superconducting electronics and the transmission of electrical energy. This worthwhile e-book is a compilation of either a historic account and a dialogue of the present kingdom of conception and experiment.
With contributions from many in demand scientists, it goals to introduce scholars and researchers to the origins, the impression and the present kingdom of the BCS theory.
- Historical Perspectives:
- Remembrance of Superconductivity previous (L N Cooper)
- The highway to BCS (J R Schrieffer)
- Development of strategies in Superconductivity (J Bardeen)
- Failed Theories of Superconductivity (J Schmalian)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and the BCS concept (C P Slichter)
- Superconductivity: From Electron interplay to Nuclear Supefluidity (D Pines)
- Developing BCS rules within the Former Soviet Union (L P Gor'kov)
- BCS: The clinical “Love of My existence” (P W Anderson)
- Fluctuations, Tunneling and Disorder:
- SQUIDs: Then and Now (J Clarke)
- Resistance in Superconductors (B I Halperin et al.)
- Cooper Pair Breaking (P Fulde)
- Superconductor-Insulator Transitions (A M Goldman)
- Novel stages of Vortices in Superconductors (P Le Doussal)
- Breaking Translational Invariance by way of inhabitants Imbalance: The Fulde–Ferrell–Larkin–Ovchinnikov States (G Zwicknagl & J Wosnitza)
- New Superconductors:
- Predicting and Explaining Tc and different houses of BCS Superconductors (M L Cohen)
- The Evolution of HTS: Tc-Experiment views (C W Chu)
- The Evolution of High-Temperature Superconductivity: thought viewpoint (E Abrahams)
- BCS past Superconductivity:
- The Superfluid stages of Liquid 3He: BCS concept (A J Leggett)
- Superfluidity in a fuel of Strongly Interacting Fermions (W Ketterle et al.)
- BCS from Nuclei and Neutron Stars to Quark topic and chilly Atoms (G Baym)
- Energy hole, Mass hole, and Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking (Y Nambu)
- BCS as beginning and suggestion: The Transmutation of Symmetry (F Wilczek)
- From BCS to the LHC (S Weinberg)
Readership: scholars, researchers and lecturers attracted to BCS idea and its origin.
Read or Download BCS: 50 Years PDF
Best science experiments & measurement books
Stereology is the technological know-how that relates 3-dimensional constitution to the two-dimensional photographs that may be measured. the main universal box of program is in microscopy, either one of man-made fabrics (metals, ceramics, composites, and so forth. ) and of organic tissue samples. This ebook covers the purposes and terminology of either fields.
The variety of sufferers utilizing social media and the variety of functions and strategies utilized by doctors on-line were sky-rocketing some time past few years, accordingly the rational at the back of making a well-designed, transparent and tight guide of functional examples and case reports with easy items of feedback approximately varied social media structures is obvious.
The Evolution of the Microscope covers the various beneficial properties of the historical past of the microscope and the explanation of the layout beneficial properties present in microscopes. The e-book discusses the 1st microscopes, the compound microscope in England (1650-1750), basic or single-lens microscopes, and the advance of the achromatic microscope.
The monograph compares techniques that describe the statistical balance phenomenon – one proposed through the chance thought that ignores violations of statistical balance and one other proposed by way of the idea of hyper-random phenomena that takes those violations under consideration. There are 5 elements.
Additional info for BCS: 50 Years
BCS: 50 Years by Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman